54th IVC 2020 - Opera | Oratorio
Preliminary Selections Łódź, Poland
Tuesday, 11th February 2020
Sala koncertowa Akademii Muzycznej im. Grażyny i Kiejstuta Bacewiczów w Łodzi
• prof. Ewa Biegas (soprano / Akademia Muzyczna - Katowice)
• Albert Bonnema (tenor)
• prof. Urszula Kryger (mezzo-soprano / dean Academy of Music Łódź)
• Ivan van Kalmthout (general manager IVC / Jury President)
• Jard van Nes (mezzo-soprano)
• prof. Artur Stefanowicz (countertenor / Uniwersytet Muzyczny F. Chopina - Warsaw)
The following six singers have been selected for the First Round of the 54th International Vocal Competition 's-Hertogenbosch.
- Hanna Okońska, Soprano (Poland, 1992)
- Szymon Raczkowski, Bass-baritone (Poland, 1997)
- Michał Rudziński, Bass (Poland, 1994)
- Anna Thun, Mezzo-soprano (Poland, 1991)
- Rafał Tomkiewicz, Countertenor (Poland, 1990)
- Sylwia Ziółkowska, Soprano (Poland, 1995)
The 54th edition of the International Vocal Competition ’s-Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands will be held 28 November – 6 December 2020 with young and talented singers, performing Opera and Oratorio. The jury includes prominent singers, such as Vesselina Kasarova, Deborah Polaski, Yue Liu and stage director Vincent Boussard, as well as artistic leaders Hein Mulders (Intendant Essen), Damià Carbonell Nicolau and Rosemary Joshua (Dutch National Opera). Jury President is international casting consultant Pål Christian Moe (Bavarian State Opera, Glyndebourne Festival). Hartmut Haenchen conducts the South Netherlands Philharmonic in the Grand Final. During the Competition there will also be a Workshop by the Dutch composer of the compulsory work Bart Visman, as well as other Masterclasses by members of the jury.
This year’s total
prize money amounts to € 42,000 and various engagement prizes are also offered.
Special prizes for performance of repertoire by Richard Wagner and for young
talent under the age of 25.
Candidates are being qualified during several Preliminary Selections worldwide.
- 11 February 2020, Academy of Music Łódź, Poland
- 16 & 17 May 2020, Theater aan de Parade ’s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands
- 5 June 2020, Centre ArcA Bertrange, Luxembourg
- July 2020 tbd, Central Conservatory of Music Beijing, China
- 29 & 30 August 2020, Dutch National Opera & Ballet, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Auditions via YouTube, deadline 12 August 2020