The Competition will award the following prizes:
Prizes will be partially awarded after the semi-finals and partially after the final.
The Competition will award the following prizes after the final:
Grand Prix City of ’s-Hertogenbosch € 7,500
Special award in the form of a medal and the above mentioned amount that will go to the winner of either the Opera or the Oratorio Prize.
Opera Prize € 7,500
The winner must have sung at least 4 opera arias during the Competition.
Toonkunst Oratorio Prize € 7,500
The winner must have sung at least 4 oratorio arias during the Competition.
Wagner Prize of the Netherlands € 5,000
The Wagnergenootschap Nederland has consciously chosen to create a prize that will continue the education and further professional development of the winner. This amount can also be used to cover the costs of participation in masterclasses given by a Wagner specialist.
Young Talent prize of the Province of North Brabant € 3,500
The Young Talent Prize of the Province of North Brabant is awarded to a singer under the age of 25. The winner will be determined in the Semi-finals.
Dioraphte Award € 3,000
The Dioraphte Award will be given to the participant who best performs the compulsory piece by Sylvia Maessen.
Audience Prize € 1,500
The Audience Prize will be chosen by the members of the audience during the Finals.
Prize Association Friends of the IVC € 1,500
Press Prize € 1,000
Awarded by the press jury.
Junior Jury Prize € 500
Awarded by students in voice and music theatre.
Annett Concert Prize
A concert in the Chinese city Ningbo for two (semi)finalists.
Various Laureates' Concerts and Engagements
Various concerts and engagements are offered by artistic directors and opera houses attending the competition if a role is available and appropriate quality is given.
- Dutch National Opera www.operaballet.nl
- Dutch National Touring Opera www.reisopera.nl
- Opera Zuid www.operazuid.nl
- Residentieorkest The Hague www.residentieorkest.nl
- South Netherlands Philharmonic www.philharmoniezuidnederland.nl
New Year's Concert Tour | 5 - 9 January 2019
W.A. Mozart, Per questa bella mano for baritone, double bass and orchestra
Conductor: Kees Bakels
Double bass: Wouter Swinkels
Baritone finalist IVC 2018
- North Netherlands Symphony Orchestra www.nno.nu
- Sinfonia Rotterdam www.sinfoniarotterdam.nl
- Bachfestival Dordrecht www.bachfestivaldordrecht.nl
- Festival Musical Olympus Saint Petersburg www.musicalolympus.ru
- Operadagen Rotterdam www.operadagenrotterdam.nl
- Lunch Concert Concertgebouw Amsterdam (16 January 2019)
- Bach cantata series ’s-Hertogenbosch
- St Matthew Passion Heusden (18, 19 April 2019)
- St Matthew Passion Oisterwijk (14 April 2019)
- St John Passion Oosterhout (14 April 2019)
- Young Talent Schiermonnikoog (March 2019)
- Le Prix la Bonne Espérance (Koninklijk Mannenkoor La Bonne Espérance)
- 'Opera & Brunch' concerts Theater aan de Parade 's-Hertogenbosch
- Rotary Gala Concert Vught www.rotary.nl
- 'Noten op de Noen' Helvoirt (17 February 2019)
More engagements to be announced